Sunday, December 25, 2011

Merry Christmas!

Ugh! I meant to blog before this...but like many (probably most) people December has been super busy!

Of course we have been busy with out businesses but I have also had 4 Christmas parties at my school-3 class parties (for the little ones) and then 1 big party for elementary school students.  I took some pictures....

First we have pictures from the big party.


We played a "guess how many candies are in the jars" game so the kids wrote down their numbers.



Then the older kids had a game where they had to write down words they could make using letters from this statement "Merry Christmas and happy new year."


Then they decorated cookies!



Then on 3 different days I had 3 class parties. I took pictures from this class party-my youngest students. They are so cute! And their moms came to  help and to play. They decorated pencil cases.





Yesterday, the 24th, we went to my in-laws for yakiniku (grilled meat) . There was a ton of food...lots of onions, cabbage, carrots, green peppers, enoki mushrooms wrapped in bacon, different cuts of pork and beef and some seasoned chicken. We grilled it at the table and it was sooooo good!!




Today we went to Kristin's house for turkey!!  There were 3 couples and 5 kids. I met Kristin's friend Christine and  her husband and 2 children and I met Kristin's 3 kids and  her husband. It was sooooo much fun and the food was so delicious!  There was turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, gravy, a green bean casserole, sweet potato pie, dinner rolls, a crab and cream cheese dish, cheese and crackers, pumpkin pie, cookies....it was fabulous!  We listened to Christmas music, sat around the table and got to know one another.  The kids were sooooo cute! They sometimes mixed their English and Japanese....did I mention how cute they are?!!   Well....Tommy loved my husband and since my husband is so tall, Tommy climbed on his back because he wanted to fly high in the air....so I took some pictures.


 I have to say it was the best Christmas I have had in Japan!  I hope all of you are enjoying the holiday season!

2 comments:

Japan Australia said...

Merry Christmas! Looks like you had a lot of fun :)

Japan Australia

Ms.Godzilla said...

Hi!
Just discovered your blog, sounds like ya'll have a lot of fun!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails