Sunday, May 10, 2009

A Perfect Mix-Matcha And Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day!! I blogged previously that carnations are the kind of normal flower/gift for mom but since I hate carnations I just couldn't give my mother-in-law any. So, we looked around on line for something fabulous and we found this wonderful site that makes everything with match (ground green tea leaves). We had so many things to choose from:
A matcha set

A roll cake with matcha and fresh cream.


A New York style matcha cheese cake

A sandwich cookie made with butter cream, matcha and raisins.


Matcha daifuku-sweet beans with matcha in mochi (rice cake)

We decided on this set since there were lots of things included

This set includes: matcha chocolate, matcha daifuku, matcha pudding, cookies and dorayaki (a pancake like sandwich filled with sweet beans and matcha). We are sure his mom is going to be super happy!!

10 comments:

Jennifer Rose said...

the food looks so pretty and good! I think I'd have a hard time trying to convince myself it was all right to eat green food since I was taught that if something is green it might be bad :p

Grace said...

Oh yummy!! I miss Japan for all that mochi and matcha stuff - I LOVE IT!! And I always hesitate wanting to eat it because it looks so NICE!!

We have the odd stuff here, but it never looks as good as it does in Japan!

chinamommy said...

i was a florist for several years & hate carnations too- only cheap guys buy their ladies carnations!
LOVE your blog! i love green tea ice cream & also the red bean ice cream- hard to find here in Michigan!
~misschell

FromJapanWithLove said...

HI everyone! Sorry for the late responses...Jennifer....it does look great, doesn't it? His mom was very happy with it!Grace...totally agree that sometimes it almost looks to good to eat! And chinamommy....I am not a fan of red bean anything to be honest but I love matcha!!

Crafitti said...

I love green tea. Everything made from green tea is so yummy!

FromJapanWithLove said...

crafitti-hi! I totally agree!!

Tasy said...

gosh, i'm drooling seeing those pics!
i heart green tea X9

Sakuradesu said...

Omg!!!! oishii desu ne!!!! I love everything that has green tea! its a shame in Spain we don't have that kind of sweets and food! Last year when I went to Japan I ate everything I could that had green tea haha. Now I only have green tea infusion.

Dr. Krystal said...

I am in LOVE with Japan! Love these pics!

Food said...

I love the mochi. Really miss having those.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails