Sunday, February 15, 2009

This past week.

It's been a week since I blogged. I love blogging in general but I just haven't felt like it lately. Been fighting a cold and feeling in a funk some days...maybe it is the weather. Anyway....

When I went to work last week I told lots of students and moms that I got married and they were so happy....very cute!! One class of ladies gave me gifts....my boss was shocked. People don't really give gifts here and of course, I haven't had a party so I kind of understand. But these 2 women I have been teaching for over 10 years....their class is more like sitting in a cafe and chatting. I love it and I love them.

My little students were trying out my new name...sofia takami or takamisan or takami sofia etc. It was very cute and I didn't have the heart to tell them that I won't be changing my name. Socially I answer to takamisan but if I have to sign any legal documents I have to use my real name.

I'm not sure we will have a party....I don't think my honey wants one. But we will see. All week we have been joking about the fact that nothing feels different. We keep asking each other "did we really get married"?

Yesterday was Valentine's day and I totally forgot about it!! I said "I forgot about it" not "we forgot about it" because in Japan, the girl gives chocolate to the boy....the boy give something back to the girl in March on "white day" (white meaning they traditionally give white chocolate, white cookies or something with marshmallows). But yesterday I kicked my honey out for the day so I could have some space and I took a day off from the computer/business. I read, watched TV, cooked and worked on some new designs etc. It was good. My honey came home around 9...just in time to watch American Idol. We are a few weeks behind the U.S....totally forget what city they were in but man.....there are some weird people out there! My honey always asks me (after watching a weird person) "have they been watching a different show all these years.....don't they know Simon hates gimmicks?" He often sits watching the show with the remote in his hand and as soon as it is obvious that the person can't sing etc...he mutes it! Then he reads the Japanese subtitles!! He gets embarrassed for other people...it is very cute! I guess that is one reason I married him!!

3 comments:

Jess (aka LittleBunny) said...

congratulations on getting married!!

FromJapanWithLove said...

THanks!

'Cuz I Felt Like It! said...

It's so weird how different things are here and there. Getting married is such a big deal here that I couldn't imagine not having a party!

P.S. The only reason I watch American Idol the first few weeks is for the people that can't sing!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails