Tuesday, August 4, 2009

We are off to Canada!!

Well...tomorrow we are off to Canada!! It is our first real vacation (IE...not in Japan) together ever and our first vacation since we opened our business. We are both excited and nervous. We have been so busy this last week or so which is why I haven't blogged.

We have decided to keep our stores open but posted lots of notices about it and we will have computer access while away so I will be in touch with people but we really didn't want to close our shops. Little nervous about this but hopefully all will be good.
I shopped for "omiyage" (souvenirs) and bought a ton of snacks, sweets, tea etc. We are also bringing green tea so we can make it and bottle it to take with us when we go out. Neither of really drink sweet drinks so the idea of only have water as an option when we need a drink from a store doesn't really appeal to us. I remember the last time I went home and went to a 7-11 and the choices were pop, juice, milk, flavored milk, water, sweet iced teas etc. Perhaps it has changed in my dad's area but I doubt it and my mom's area is even smaller so there is no hope there.

I am so excited to go to my favorite Chinese restaurant in Guelph (Ontario), my favourite Vietnamese restaurant in Cambridge (Ontario) and my honey is dying to eat a sub from Subway and a whopper! We will also go see my university. http://www.uoguelph.ca/ and maybe go to Niagara Falls as all Japanese consider it a must if you are within travelling distance...the problem with that is that it is supposed to rain on Saturday and that is the only day we can go. Of course we will go SHOPPING!!! Both of us are excited by that! My honey is 6ft5inches so finding clothes and shoes is almost impossible here so we will buying him lots of things!

I am taking my new cell phone...I really wanted to blog about it before but didn't have a chance. What can I say... I LOVE this ketai (cell phone). I get great TV reception and by using a 4GB micro SD I can record up to 24 hours of TV so.....on Sunday, I recorded my favorite TV show "before after" ...the home reform show so my parents can watch it! I am so excited. This phone, if I were to buy it outright would cost about $900 but in Japan most people don't do that but rather pay a monthly fee and sign a 2 year contract (which at the end, the phone is yours and you don't pay anywhere near that amount). I am also happy because this phone has an 8.1 M pixel camera so I can take even better pics for my blog! I can also surf the web, make video phone calls, play games, listen to music (but I have a great ipod for that). And I can use this phone in Canada! I was imagining try to find a pay phone to call a taxi but now I don't have to! I know there are more great features, but totally can't think of them now.


Here is a video about it from youtube....




I might tweet sometimes while in Canada but for now...gotta go finish packing!

8 comments:

Pili said...

Have a great vacation!

Mekkan said...

Wow, sound so exciting! Have a wonderful holiday! So jealous about your new cell phone. I must wait another four months to change my model. Yes, mine is Softbank as well.

Grace said...

Have a super holiday!!! I wish you were heading into B.C.....

Wow ... you're husband is very, very tall!!!

arkonite_babe said...

Enjoy your vacation. Canada is wonderful! I'm saving to vacation in Japan, might take me a while to save up though as I wanto buy lots of bento goodies if I ever get there!

Jennifer Rose said...

have a great time!

I've been to Niagara Falls when its raining, not perfect but still a site to see.

Phoebe said...

have a great vacation!! The handphone looks so cool. =)

Skylice said...

i always want to have japanese handphone, it looks really cool! have a nice vacation :)

Sean said...

I live right near Niagara Falls (beautiful Buffalo), and it doesn't really matter if it rains, you'll be getting soaked anyways. Hope you enjoy your vacation!
Ciao!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails