Saturday, July 31, 2010

Only in Japan? McDonald's straps.

I was at the mall the other day and we went to "mac" (as they say here) as my honey wanted a burger. We saw these and I thought I would take some pictures for my blog (I sure got some funny looks while I was taking the pictures!). I assume they are only available here in Japan but I could be wrong. As you can see from the guy holding it-they aren't small (I think they are too big to be strap-at least for me)!
ADDED ON AUGUST 2nd. Sorry if I confused some of you! The straps are cell phone straps and they are all made of plastic! Japanese LOVE cell phone straps (or maybe some countries call them charms?)!

And I just saw this picture today online. It is so amazing I thought I would share. There was a "matsuri" or festival in Tokyo and of course, there were "hannabi" (fireworks) which literally translated means "fire flower"! You can also see the new (and not yet finished) Tokyo tower which is actually called "sky tree".

7 comments:

Nakamuras on Saipan said...

What are those "food straps"? I'm not sure what they are supposed to be? Yeah- I've seen some funny stuff in Japan too.....

Aries said...

At least the "food straps" caught many attention. Nice photos.

gina said...

cute! lovely photos!

Pretty Girl Studios said...

I'm a lot confused about the food straps also. Isn't it messy? LOL!!!

FromJapanWithLove said...

I just edited my original post as I seem to have confused some readers. The straps are cell phone straps and are made of plastic. Japanese LOVE things they can hang on their cell phones.

Grace said...

charms! I like the filet o' fish one... ha ha ha

I can't put charms on my iphone =(

Joel & Misti Diffenderfer said...

I just found your blog! We're living in Kumamoto! Hahaha, we actually bought a set of these food straps as gifts for our siblings. They were wayyyy bigger than we expected.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails