Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Shopping At Canal City




Canal city is a big, beautiful shopping mall in Hakata, Fukuoka city. They have a ton of shops-famous international brands and Japanese brands, lots of restaurants, movie theaters etc.

My honey and I went to watch a movie-Jumper (really good) and eat delicious Indian food! Ok....I have no idea what it costs in Canada or the States (or any other country) to watch a movie but here is it 1800 yen or about $18 USD per person!!! Plus the cost of getting there and back-$12.60 per person by train! If you have ever thought that Japan is expensive...you are right!! Anyway, I just thought I would show you some pics of this beautiful mall.
In the 2nd picture you can see they have a water show just starting-it kind of matches the music played and in the 3rd picture you can see the water better. At Christmas this place is lit up so beautifully!

7 comments:

maoiliosa said...

that place looks really cool!

here in the u.s., it's about $8 per person for a movie ticket, i'd say. and i thought THAT was expensive! haha.

Colleen said...

Seeing pictures like this makes me really long for my days of living in Japan! Enjoy...

FromJapanWithLove said...

Hey Melissa...they do have a 1000 yen ladies day and on the first of every month I believe it is 1000 yen ($10) but I'm usually working!

Colleen-thanks! I am enjoying it!

Kari said...

Wow, it costs around $7.50-$11.50 here in NYC depending on what theater you go to. If it's a smaller movie theater, then it costs less. If it's a chain, then it costs more. I never knew it cost so much in Japan!

Ninjin said...

That really *is* a beautiful mall! :O

Anonymous said...

Jim said, I saw a video of the fountain at the Canal City Mall and would like to know more about it. What is the name of company that made and installed the fountain and the approxiamte cost?

Najwa H. said...

OH WOW. I miss Canal City so much! Though I mostly did window shopping, but the stuff in Japan are so interesting, that even browsing through is like an adventure! LOL.

Oh, and yes, movie watching is pricey in Japan. I watched Hana Yori Dango and was a bit taken aback by the ticket price (in Malaysia, it's approximately USD5), but oh well, it was a first time expreience for me and I loved it. ^^

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails