Friday, May 23, 2014

Women! Embrace your bodies!

I grew up hating my body. I was told I was beautiful but because I was bigger and hated myself I never really believed it. I even did a bit of plus size modeling but I still didn't love myself. When I was in university, I started a business called "redefining beautiful" and I went in to classrooms and women's groups and talked about body image and the diet industry etc. But part of me still hated my body. This has been an ongoing issue my whole life. I believe that this is true for most women. And even though I'm bigger than what is considered "acceptable" I'm really trying to embrace my body-flaws and all! Because hating myself, talking so negatively to myself etc has gotten me nowhere....maybe showing myself some love and acceptance will.

I watched the following video and I have to say I cried. I cried for lots of reasons and one of them was from happiness-I'm so glad she, Taryn Brumfitt,  is taking this on!!





Here is her kickstarter page if you would like to help her change how we see ourselves.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails