Sunday, January 18, 2009

A deal on dinner because of the strong yen!

I know everyone is aware of the economic problems going on... you can't help but notice as it is constantly talked about. Many people are complaining about the U.S. dollar being stronger than their currency but that is sooo not our problem. The yen is kicking the crap out of the dollar!! I normally wouldn't really care except our businesses are in U.S. dollars and I have to say I really REALLY hate it. But it was the darndest thing-we got a discount on our steak dinner because of the strong yen. The sign at this place says that because it costs less to import the meat, they are giving a deal on the meals!

I was happy for the discount but man I would pay full price in a heart beat if the yen would just go back to being weak!!


Edit-I should have mentioned that the black dish is sizzling hot and the steak cooks on the plate in front of you. It spits and sizzles so there is the protective paper around it to keep you from getting sprayed with fat! I don't eat it raw!

4 comments:

'Cuz I Felt Like It! said...

Do you eat that uncooked!?!?!?

FromJapanWithLove said...

I have to go and edit that post because it comes on a sizzling plate so it cooks in front of you!! Sorry for the confusion!

Kenny Chan said...

is that pepper lunch? sorta looks like it.

FromJapanWithLove said...

Hi Kenny-yes it is!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails